Friday, May 1, 2015

Portfolio Cover Page

I have two options here for my cover page for my portfolio. The first one is my preference but I wanted to run both of them by everyone. I like the simplicity of the first one and the message, while the 2nd one provides a sampling of what will be shown in the book overall. My concern with the 2nd one is that there is too much going on in one page.

Which version do you think is most effective?

NOTE: I added one more piece to my portfolio so that I could fill the grid of 12 pieces. I'll post that shortly. Also, I added a faint background on the black portion of the page. I am thinking of adding that to all of my pages in my portfolio. What do you think?




3 comments:

  1. Sue - I agree with your comment "this might be too much" - for #2 design for a cover page. In my opinion, entering the portfolio in a slower way is a better approach, and #1 does that now.

    Hmmm - here's a suggestion... have you considered using the #2 approach for your last page? A way to end with an overview, a reminder, of all the pieces we've just seen? It would certainly be a strong way to end the book.

    Texture in the back of all pages? Hmmm...it could work because it appears quite subtle here. But - I'm not sure the pages need it. Your pages, most of them, are pretty busy with many "series" already filling them... so do you need that texture? It works well on the cover page, that's true. Maybe, if you think about using #2 as a final page the texture could return for a way to "book end" the portfolio??

    Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of #1 being the first page and #2 being the last page. I'll keep the background in them as well. The only reason I thought of including the faint background throughout the entire book was to add an element that ties everything together. However, I'm fine with removing the background for the primary portion of the book and just using it for the cover and last page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this will work well for you.

    ReplyDelete