Sunday, January 25, 2015

Comment on Entwistle Logo

I think I finally solved the comment-post challenge!

Virginia had a good point I hadn't thought of—classic style/classic(al) music. Plus, considering the client likes Art Nouveau, I think your design is a fine solution.

My only criticism would be that, for me, the Art Nouveau style and pianos don't quite mesh stylistically. Art Nouveau is more of a visual style, while pianos conjure up an auditory/musical style. Does the musician play music from that time period? When I think of Art Nouveau, I also think of it as weaving its style into the item being illustrated rather than around it. I would like to see the surrounding natural forms harmonize more with the piano.

On the flip side, I like your color choices, which exude the desired theme of water. I also like your font choice, which is classy and refined. I looked at your client's website and the logo worked well on his site. I liked that it was centered on the home page and to the right on subsequent pages, which added some nice variety while still maintaining continuity.



4 comments:

  1. Sue, welcome to the blog! Thanks for your comment. The pianist performs pieces written in the 1800s, a bit before the Nouveau period. If he played more contemporary classical pieces, I might have integrated the frame with the piano - but I chose to follow historical design a bit more closely. Thanks for your thoughts - I look forward to your participation, and can see that your feedback will be insightful and illuminating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Hopefully more voices will join the conversation soon.

    ReplyDelete