Wednesday, February 18, 2015

SAM - This is the Example I wanted to show you for your Miep Gies Poster!


After doing some research on the time era of anti-war activist Miep Gies and her dutch upbringing I found a font I thought really could work well with your poster. DK Hofstad is an elegant font modeled after Dutch graphic artist Jan Lavies. Jans early series of posters inspired David Kerkhoff to create the Dutch art deco typeface Hofstad.

I had the idea of setting the font up as though the text "She" (Miep) is in the frontline appearing to holding a stance while "defended" kind of fortifies and helps to slightly sheltering around "the defenseless" like in this example:

It was just a thought I had. Maybe overthinking it too much but I thought it might work in your poster.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting Desiree - good research. In the end, the question will be whether Sam thinks this typeface, and this arrangement, will enhance the artwork or detract from it. He will need to consider all the shapes in the format and make the shape of this text block fit into the composition and page balance. Great feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is nice. Thank you! I will indeed play around with this font.

    ReplyDelete