Saturday, April 11, 2015

Hiccup and Astrid

Okay I know what you're probably thinking Coni :)   Yes this is a fan art illustration similar to the Calvin and Hobbes DVD cover but I'm wondering if I could perhaps have a kind of fan art section in my porfolio since 3 of my 10 pieces involve other characters. Here I could plainly state that I have a love for character illustration and can draw any book or movie characters a client may want. This is just a thought. But other than that, I'm not sure how I would include a piece like this. Ideas?


2 comments:

  1. Well - at least these characters are from an animation, and not static characters. I think your "Fan Art" idea might work. I'm not sure you need to place these physically in the same section... but if you have a little logo/icon that appeared on the portfolio page that said "Fan Art" it would identify the pieces that are "directly inspired" by other cartoonists.

    So - what could this drawing be used for? Can we put typography with it? Could it appear as a movie poster with more information in a realistic mockup scene?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Fan Art idea could definitely work. Go for it! : )

    ReplyDelete