Monday, April 6, 2015

Digital Booklet Rework

Here is My digital booklet. On the cover "to" was move right of the Y in halfway rather than trapt between the H and Y. I adjusted the leading between halfway and heaven bringing them closer. I made sure the red bar on the tan pages matched the red song titles on the opposing page. I changed the font color on the last page to blue to increase readability from the shade of green I had used before. Also I did a quick illustration of the V8 emblem used on the black lyric pages.



1 comment:

  1. This looks quite nice - color palette and typography all seem to work. A few thoughts:

    1. Cover - the word "To" appears to be in the correct position, but too small in comparison to the other 2 words.

    2. I notice that on a few pages, the middle text column is "sunk" a line. This is an interesting approach, and you should be consistent with this or else we will think it is a mistake. Do this everywhere else in similar situations.

    3. If possible, increase your top margin a bit - it looks like your type is awfully close to the top trim edge - while often there is plenty of room at bottom of the page. If a column seems too full, look at how you might pull up short lines (like widows) to gain a bit more room.

    ReplyDelete