Monday, March 2, 2015

Project #1 -- Non-Smoking PSA -- Revised

Anyone there? Here's my revised version of Project 1 -- Non-Smoking PSA. Upon Connie's recommendation, I've tried to make the image of the man "a ghost-like apparition coming back to haunt us with this message." I blacked out the eye sockets, so that the eyes are no longer visible; I tilted the skull a little more; I added smoke to try and blur the low-res image, which I had no time to redraw in Illustrator; and I added an image to the cigarette pack. I also changed the American Cancer Society logo in the lower right corner to black and white. I like this a lot better, but I think the cigarette pack still needs work. What do you think?



4 comments:

  1. I like it! Maybe try a more saturated red on the cigarette pack? blood red? Just a thought. If you use the same red with your scary font it could look like dripping blood and really drive the "cigarettes will kill you" point home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! Maybe try a more saturated red on the cigarette pack? blood red? Just a thought. If you use the same red with your scary font it could look like dripping blood and really drive the "cigarettes will kill you" point home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virginia - Greg questions the right issue, and the only one that still remains. The color of the type seems an overly feminine pink color. Why? I'm not sure blood red will be your choice, but I do think you could revisit the color decision at this point to make sure you settle on a color that supports the message, talks to your target audience, and accompanies the male ghost-like figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used an overly feminine pink color because tobacco companies target women more than men. I will rethink. Color is difficult for me.

    ReplyDelete