Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Project #6—Ed Sheeran Digital Booklet

This booklet was shown in class as a printed booklet, however, it was originally envisioned as a digital booklet. After further review, I decided to return to the digital booklet format.

CHANGES SUGGESTED:
1) Add "PLUS" to the background text on the cover to more clearly state the name of the CD. (Although the singer's actual CD cover never spells it out, I believe.)
2) Show cover and then pull out 1-2 inner layouts of print booklet.

CHANGES DONE:
1) "PLUS" was added as suggested to the cover background text.
2) Rather than just showing the cover and a couple layouts, I reformatted the project so that all pages are visible at one time. This way, a more comprehensive look is available.


4 comments:

  1. Sue - nice multi-page project that retains a sense of unity while making each page distinct. Your impulse to put all these pages together for presentation is an interesting one - and it seems to work. My only hesitation with this combined format is that the cover, which is quite strong, become a bit lost in the mix. I wonder if there is a way to present that separately, maybe as an introduction to the piece, so it can be larger for better appreciation.

    Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One question, Coni, I didn't put the screened "+" on the back of the CD, but I included it on all other pages. Does it seem like it is missing from the back page or does it work okay for you without it on the back? I could see it either way.

    Thanks for your input, I like the idea of including the cover larger as part of an introduction to the piece. I still don't have a good sense of how I am going to put it all together in my book yet, so this will help me work towards that. My biggest struggle is trying to figure out how big the final book will be. I have several large pieces that are 11x17 and I'm trying to figure out if it is best to have them full-size or reduce them. Hopefully, that will all fall together as I progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Amazing ! Could you please share this file?

    ReplyDelete